Tuesday 13 November 2018

Sermon on the Mount III


Like Jesus


You tell us to love another –
Not just the people we choose.
Not just the people who are nice to us,
With them, we’ve nothing to lose.

You tell us to love another –
Even those who we try not to see.
To those who are mean and quite nasty
Like Jesus you ask us to be.

You tell us to love another –
For love is your gift to us all.
Even when life doesn't seem quite so easy
Help me to be true to your call.

Every day


Every day I get to choose
Some things I want to do.
I can do what’s right
Or I can do what’s wrong.
Teach me to look to you

Every day I can start again
My life a fresh, new sheet.
I can do what’s right
Or I can do what’s wrong
With the people that I meet.

Every day I live my life
I want to give to you.
Help me to live
And help me to love
Be like Jesus, in all that I do.

Jesus


Jesus,
Take us.

Jesus,
Hold us.

Jesus,
Change us.

Jesus,
Shape us.

Jesus,
Make us new.


Sometimes


Sometimes I know which way to go
Or just what I should do.
It’s clear to see what’s right, what’s wrong
And how to honour you.

Sometimes it’s not so clear to see,
The way you’d have me go
When I’m not sure, it’s you I need
You are my friend, you’ll know.

Thank you, Jesus that wherever I’ve been,
Wherever I am,
And wherever I go
You are with me.

Thank you, Jesus that whatever I’ve done,
Whatever I’m doing
And whatever I will do
You are with me

Amen.

Be like Jesus in all that you do.
Each person is special
And needs love just like you.
Take time to share Jesus,
In the places you go,
Take time to learn from him and
Use what you know.
Do trust in him fully
Experience his love
Saying thank you to Jesus and his Father above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Communion

Jesus wants us to remember him. He gave us this meal. Bread. To remember that he was real – A body like ours That was bruised ...